Monday, January 11, 2010

Core Training is Essential for Runners

I have been running for about 30 years, Rachelle a little less (only because she is a lot younger). I have always been a pretty casual runner, the last 4 years I have begun to step it up a bit. This past year was the year I finally decided to commit to some races and increase my speed. I ran alot, but I did not do any upper body workouts.
Needless to say injury was inevitable. I have learned new strength training exercises to help my core. My trainer at Performance Physical Therapy, Bonney Lake WA has taught me so much. In addition to physical therapy I have incorporated Yoga and strength training workouts to my routine.
Everything we post can be done at home. We do recommend “Hot Yoga” for those that can go, babies at home might be tough. If you can go, it is the best workout! We hope this helps.

I will post the yoga for runner’s website and the you tube medical ball workout.


Intense - JT

No comments:

Post a Comment